After my printer’s problem, where it kept indicating ‘no ink’ despite that I’ve just replaced with the new ink cartridge, no choice but to print my notes in school, in the school’s printing shops. One thing I hated most about printing notes in school, especially directly from thumbdrive is that I’ll always end up with missing notes. As for this time, I only received 30% of the notes that I had sent for printing. So where had the rest of the notes went? Well, they went to this guy who was right beside me doing mass printing. Poor guy? Who cares, since I ended up the one who need to resend my notes to be printed again. Same thing nearly occurred again when more people came in to do printing. Maybe they should have labeled in some ways, like the notes would be organized. Something like to differentiate the now printing person from the one just finished sending his stuff to print. Maybe like once a person logged off(removed his drive), the next set of notes would be directed into the next tray slot on the machine instead. Why didn’t anyone come up with this solution, but just let the problem continued. Then again, that poor guy might need to reprint his stuff again too, since he had a few pieces of paper missing. Guess you all know where they went.
Had biochem lab this morning, and potato related again, where we grinded the potato, added pepper(sand), distilled water(and everything nice).. Sounded like cooking yeah?
As for statistic lecture, how long do we have to listen to the cannot-make-it-voice of that lecturer, so broken, so shakey, which how’s that possible to stay focus for the lecture?
Night time, it’s time for the last training of my ippt, where we had a 15 minutes jog. PTI said that it would be a slow jog, but his speed more like fast jog for my pace. That was all for tonight, the rest of the time was used to teach us the techniques of ippt test, where he also said that most people can pass after that. Well, that’s if I could pull chin-up of course. It dropped to zero since the day I was no longer a soldier. 2.4km run- treat every 400m as a new challenge aka 6 challenges in total, lift legs high when knees are going low(just like using turbo), chest high and don’t look at legs so as not to remind ourselves that we are running. Don’t make ourselves be back into reality.
Shuttle run, stretches out for the metal bar so as to reduce time loss, but it seemed hard for me to coordinate my hands and legs. Run when my brain still needs to think? Standing board jump, 5 steps to take note. Toes clawed onto the ground which he said would gain maximum of 5cm, slaps legs to rush blood to the legs, keep back straight in order not to keep center of gravity low(low cg=higher downward pull=less distance travelled), have a aim like 216cm(but I’m aiming for 221cm or more, I’m after all not a frog), and lastly.. can’t remember already. As for sit-up, I am okae with it. Don’t do it if you’re not in the best state, so give yourself 10 to 15 minutes to get ready. After all, it’s all about the mind. Bloody xxx bus! That driver drove his bus into Singapore river or what?! Made us wait half an hour for one bloody late bus, which came 2 to 3 times later than usual. Spoilt my mood again. My mood don’t just turns bad. There are a series of events that causes it to happen, just like those series of things that cause disasters to happen.
Tuesday 21 oct:
What a rainy day. Went Epson service center located in bukit batok, where I forgot to get off and ended up in jurong. Everything started to be smooth again right after I’ve received a replacement ink cartridge. It happened to be the place for Fujifilm camera’s servicing too. Now I know. Well, almost everything except that no matter how many times I’ve searched, I just couldn’t from the 736 section in the library. It’s just like the platform 9 and ¾ in harry potter, cannot be found. Anything else except 736. Fine then. Returned 2 books, and borrowed 2 books again, and they were still related to dogs. One titled dogs massage, while the other conversation with dogs.

Hopefully able to finish reading this time.
Quite a nice estate, cause I hardly see trash bin in the mall, except in the first floor and library. I guess seeing people folding origami made me wanting to start folding again. Perhaps I should refresh on my koala origami, see if I could yet fold an even smaller koala bear. See if my fingers skills are good enough.
Somehow had a crave for jolly sandy.. that one in pink. I know it’s not really alcoholic, considering the amount of alcohol in them, but at least won’t get drunk right. Then again, I don’t beer, and maybe the wine and others alcoholic drinks, so what choice could be left?
Finally, my printer’s back once again. See, there’s nothing wrong with that machine. Just that ink cartridge. No need to relay on school’s printing shop any longer. Time to print whole sem of notes? Considering that each ink cartridge could maybe print 250 pieces of papers(I hope), with each at 5 cents would be 1250 cents. It’s not even worth the price of one cartridge of 1710 cents. Maybe should continue printing lecture notes in school while the rest with my printer. Well, unless if I could decrease the ink intensity of my black ink, which obviously I didn’t know how to.
Wednesday 22 oct:
Had our very first microbiologyB lab, the only lab without having to do report. So what’s happening in our first lab session of microB? JJ melted the tip of his culture flask, shujuan spilled her culture and having to redo some of the steps, and finally my poor partner carina, who had her hair burnt. Yes, burnt. Could see that it was quite obviously burnt, where smoke came from her hair, and some lumps formed, then only followed by the heavy burnt smell. Second person to have burnt hair so far, after pc.
Also had organic chem tutorial where we were supposed to have quiz, but due to not having enough time, out tutor asked us to hand in our tutorial instead. Wow, that’s alright for me of course, since I got do it. I won’t say that I always do my tutorial, just in case one fine day I didn’t. I thought that it got to be a really hard tutorial when doing question 2, which took me hours. However, it seems really simple when the answer was given, since everything was just explained by a single diagram drawn.

A number of the girls seemed interested in the blood donation. Erm, as for my conditions.. I looked up on the web and found some information regarding to my G6PD deficiency(glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency) and thalasemia. Firstly, being g6pd deficient means red blood cells weak to biochemical stress. Biochemical stress? So my red blood cells would be more likely to be damage or destroyed when exposed to some type of medication or acute infections. So now I see why every time I see doctor, I have to tell them I’m having g6pd. Oh well, I do forget too, sometimes. So in the end, my red blood cells are not suitable. Meanwhile, thalasemia. Now then I know that it got to do with bone marrow, when all this time I was just thinking about haemoglobin, red blood cells. It’s about the marrow working hard, and that ‘whole’ blood donation would further exhaust the marrow. Up till the end, it’s saying I’m not suitable for red blood cells donation, except donation of plasma and platelets. How is it so in donating those without blood being donated, which consisted of red blood cells? There I’ve found it, Apheresis Component Donation, though no idea how they specify on just to collect a certain substance they want. It’s more physically demanding, and longer duration too. However, expectation could not be met when I stats that one needs to have at least donated blood once before. I didn’t. oh well, conclusion is that my blood just ain’t suitable, but somehow that ain’t a thing to be happy about either. My ke lian red blood cells, and my poor hardworking marrow.. perhaps that explain why my fitness isn’t good, cause red blood cells couldn’t carry enough oxygen?? Who knows..
Passed my BTT in one try. Yeah, basic theory, 50 minutes for 50 questions(which I completed in around 15 minutes). All computer base, touch screen. Many Indians tonight, and from the conversation between them and the examiner, they seemed to be sent by their boss. So good right, assuming that their fees and everything had been provided for. However, somehow I don’t wish to take the final theory yet. Not yet. Maybe after the exam in the summer break. Then again, after passing final theory, within 2 years must clear practical.
Up till now, got to do microB lab book. Though they put it in a nice way that report is not needed, however, we still need to write everything we wrote in a report for the book and even the materials used. Seems to be more stuffs to be included too. Drawing, labeling, colouring and write in the book. But then again, at least there’s no need to sit in front of the lappy the whole day right. Next, also got to finish up on my second lab report of biochem, where it would be submitted up next week with the first. Getting heavier and heavier. I’ll say I miss physical chem reports. Last but not least got to prepare my lab book for tomorrow’s cell bio pract and so far, don’t feel the ‘fun’ or ‘excitement’ at all. To make it worst, I’m the module rep. On top of this bloody lab book still got hand written report to be done after tomorrow. Oh fxxx.. Last but not least tomorrow’s organic chem. Lab, but I heard that there’s no report required for this week. True or not, we’ll know tomorrow.
Thursday 23 oct:
Cell bio lab this morning. Turned out that report actually not needed, but just required in keeping of the lab book. Hooray! Now, that’s great as one more report out of the question every week. Well, at least it sounds like not having to do report right(even though it’s not). And it’s just a really short lab session where we viewed and drew cells of organisms seen under the microscope. Yup, that’s all. Just the viewing of cells under magnification and draw and nothing else. Don’t even need us to prepare those cells. What an easy first lab.
Organic chem lab next. Thought that it got to be fun with the molecular modeling kits, however it ended up quite boring, with a dull cher. Is all professor or ‘doctor’ so boring in teaching? Felt some ‘fate’ in today’s organic too. Coincidently, was hoping cher’ll call her right after me, and he did..
Headache.. over powering me.. Awwff, can’t do lab reports.. At least tomorrow can sleep till late, wake up late, more sleep, since lecture starts at 2 in the afternoon.
Captain’s ball starting next Wednesday and I’m looking forward for the game, and the matches.. 5 years since last played in secondary school life, where my class actually chose the same game for every pe lessons. Guess was just nice for our small class straight. Missed the good old days in 409 somehow, I think. But then, 4.30? That’s the time where it begins. Actually, waiting from 2 to 4.30, I would have lose interest in anything by then. ‘Sian’ mood might be activated.. Would I even be distracted in the game too?? hahas..
ps: So many things to do with so little time..
Finally, some pix from the labs(biochem and microB)..







Being blocked, but that's sandy trying to blow bubble out from the hand-soap.
signed off ♥