Alright, have not been doing a very long blog for a real long time. Tonight, I shall spent a little time doing so:]
No picture for this entry and hence shall do an essay instead. Have not had the fun of typing this long for ages (Doesn’t mean I’m old). Let’s see..
Spent an afternoon outside last Saturday with Yangtheng. Met up with her in PS for lunch after her usual ballet class, where we had Mos burger to our fill. She tried the new scallop rice burger, while I had the same old kakiage rice burger( and please, I’m not old alright). It’s just that the taste was too tasty to change to other type of rice burger.
Walked to orchard road, where we entered this new mall near somerset mrt. We took this long escalator up the mall and into a somewhat empty mall, except for a few people. More and more escalators up where I thought it’s leading to maybe a empty top floor, but NO! There were actually more stores upstairs and also, more crowded. Started browsing through the different stores. As we went up, also discovered the special, unique lifts. Other than that there were abundant lifts in the building (since there were located at least populated part of the building), I guess I had a little thrill while taking the lift. It was made of glass. And because that you could actually see through the whole door, it seemed as though I’m falling from the 8Th floor.
Just as we were about to leave the mall, we saw this escalator leading down to the basement. ‘Orh, still got basement’, and we went down to take a look. Immediately, she saw this store selling evening gown, and we went in. O.o So this was how it feels like? Watching her browsing through the layers of different dresses, and after much effort, trying them out. She likes the first dress that she tried, a black tube dress with a matching scarf (can see the scar on her chest, poor little girl:[ ). They actually had high heels in their store for their customer to see as an overview of how they would look in the dress. So she tried the high heels, and yes indeed, it’s high heels. As in super high, that she nearly falls :X I really wonders why girls made themselves wear a heel this high. And wow, she actually was around my height o.O No! I don’t mean to say I’m short. I’m just not that tall:( Watching her trying out the dresses=Bore? Nope, not at all. I’m still alright with it. In fact, very interesting and eye opening :) I never actually accompanied someone to try out dress before, and she mentioned to me that I’m actually the first guy to see her trying out tube dress.
After purchasing her dress, accompanied her searching for neck accessories. After a round of walk, finally stopped by at this jewellery store, called Jesswell collection. And it happened to be right opposite the dress store that we just came out from. This time, she had a hard time choosing a necklace to match her dress. And yes, how nice of the lady to let her bring a few necklace back to the store to try them out. After much persuasion she was back into the changing room and once again back into her black dress. In the end, she chose one of the most sparkling necklace, though I’m sure the black one (the one round the neck like some Japanese anime girl) would look good too =) Actually, also got funny thing happened in the dress store. The shop keeper thought that I was her boyfriend :S Hahas, which then she kept denining. Lol. Hey, like that I should be sad instead right:( Awff, I very the sad.
Next, we made our way to the new Ion, and yes, finally I get to go there. It’s a real big mall, which none of us realizes that it’s actually right above the orchard mrt station. So that’s the Ion, the one that had been under construction for real long. And wow, the super market located upstairs. If I’m not wrong, the threesixty market place was an expensive market. As in the goods they selling, only yangtheng can afford one sia :X Lol
Also went into this toy shop, where they sell all this small tiny wooden characters. Somewhat like a nutcracker, but I doubt so. Even had teddy bear, so cute! And everywhere in the store was labeled with ‘please do not touch’.
Moving on to my favourite store, sony! Especially the sony alpha corner. Tried out their A330 on display, after all, that’s the only dslr still working (battery not flat yet). The modified the display of the camera, where now it looks more colourful with the display. As in the menu, but then won’t it looks like those compact cameras out there? Also, no wonder the supersteady shot switch disappeared from the surface. They now keep it in the menu. More and more people now had dslr and not just photographer, as the system had been made more affordable. However, I still felt that affordable and professional could co-exist right? Don’t they? I’ll rather they keep the new design professional. The body of the A330 had a V-shaped grip, which I still preferred the older version. Thankfully, mine was a old version :] Also, their new kit lens was kind of limited, with up till 55mm only. Why did sony even down regulate their lens advantage, with the previous kit lens of 70mm. Overall, I preferred my A300 a lot a lot :] Too bad there was no flash unit on displayed in that store, nor sony came up with screwed-on hood. Mine 50mm suffering from a little lens flare. Maybe I should even use the filter, since I still could prevent the flare.
We also went to the toilet, opss :X , washroom in the Ion. Ion’s washroom must be different right. Cool! Automatic water tap, with automatic soap dispenser, hand dryer on the left and paper towel on the right, all ‘hidden’.
Having a day out is good. Yawn~ I know I’m tired after that but then, I’m fully charge too. As in fully charged from the inside. A good afternoon made my day, and the days that come after.
Last, finally got back my autograph book. Lol, you wrote so little..
signed off ♥